Sunday, March 15, 2009

[interlude--picturesfromEnglishCorner]


{ click on the photos to see much bigger, clearer, and more detailed version. trust me, its much better }

As we do every Sunday, today Winston and I went to the English Corner. Since I have talked about it quite a bit on here, I thought It would be good to show some photos. Since my Tofu sent me a old camera, I will be posting more pictures on this thing. I am too tired to get into hong kong, but I will in the next few days. The Chinese come here to practice their english and meet people from other cultures. Most of them speak very good English. Here's a good look at some very cool, intelligent Chinese people that I call friends. Hong Kong is next

This is W and Bruno. Bruno actually looks like a Bruno, but is a very nice, intellectually curious man.


This Three year old could say her English name and some short basic sentences ( in English)! Sometimes, the small ones are drawn to me. I don't know why!


This man Jeff is an amazingly kind person who has helped me out with some things. He is a proffessor of Chinese. The boy is LJ, a regular of mine.

Three of My girls ( I can't remember her name but she is very nice, Fairy, and Aimee). I am always surrounded by girls this age, which for the life of me I can't figure out why!

A cool building near Zhongshan square, where we hold the corne

Bulinda( that's how she insists it's spelled--sometimes she's Heidi). This girl is very dramatic and a unique personality...She is also very funny.

Another very small child who could speak some English

The crowds can get quite big sometimes. Can you find Winston?( hint, hes the black guy with the wild 'Fro)

Frank, who has very cool ass gloves!


Mr. Hans and his son, Little Hans. Mr. Hans is one of the coolest, most intelligent men I have ever met. His son is also very smart and nice.

This girl has great english also...

Some of my kids who flock around me at the corner...


Grandma and Aimee. Grandma is sort of the Grandma of the entire corner, she looks out for everyone, especially us American ( she sewed up a hole in my hoody today). She doesn't speak English, but I can usually communicate with her. She is tough as nails but very, very kind.

Micheal, a very kind and good friend of ours who had his first hamburger with W, Miles, and I!

Another shot of Fairy...



Yeah, Belinda is spunky!
Winton 's adorable and nice girlfriend, Maria

The indomitable Bulinda again


Julie, one of my regulars, a 2nd grader who always asks me " do you like banana?" The answer is always yes...

No comments: